Tuesday, February 18, 2014

7/52 Tax Returns

We got our tax returns in, which means we were able to get all of the light fixtures and the wood flooring for the addition which I am incredibly excited about. Almost all of them are here. We are waiting for one more shipment of lights, and the wood flooring is supposed to be here on Wednesday the 19th.  Last night we picked up all of the chimney pipe for the stove in the basement, and everything to do the water lines and the vent for the dryer. Hopefully by the end of the week we will be starting mudding in the upstairs. We only have a few more sheets of drywall to put up. While we were in Phoenix this weekend we stopped by Home Depot and picked up all of the tile to do the pedestal for the wood stove in the basement, and I absolutely LOVE it. I am anxious to get started building it, but it will have to wait for a little bit. We are going to try and do the mudding first since our stove is on back order and will not be here until around the 17th of March. Honestly though, we probably still won't be ready for it at that point so it really doesn't matter. We are getting so close to being able to move into to top floor of the addition. It is really exciting. Now i am just looking at the daunting task of picking out paint colors, and getting the whole thing painted.

I was also able to pay off a bunch of bills, which is a HUGE relief. I love the feeling of seeing bills disappear, even if they are relatively small ones. We also took some of the money and went on a family vacation to Phoenix. We had a blast, but that will be my next blog. I will post pictures soon of the upstairs.

1 comment: